Key Features & Specifications
The Mintaka DUO™ and STAR™ both have the standard features listed below.
The Mintaka STAR™ has all of the features of the Mintaka DUO™ plus WiFi and GPS capability. The WiFi connection can be stand-alone or using an existing network, allowing for web browser access to real-time and stored data, and the storage of network credentials. The unique GPS Summary Screen provides date, time, position, course, speed, pressure, tendency, and WMO/NWS Pressure Tendency Characteristic Code on one screen.
The Mintaka DUO™ and STAR™ both have these standard features:
- Two independent, high-precision atmospheric pressure sensors
- Pressure reading and display update every 1 second and stored every 15 seconds. Pressure at synoptic times (00z plus every 06h UTC) is recorded in it’s own file for quick reference
- Graphic pressure history display, past 30 minutes to 120 days
- Unique running 12-h or 24-h average pressure can be displayed to average out semi-diurnal pressure variation present in the tropics
- Prominent pressure trend arrows provide visual warning of significant change in barometric pressure
- Set timezone, control 12-h or 24-h display
- Pressure units include: mb, hPa, kPa, in Hg, in H2O, cm H20
- Choose between station or sea-level pressure display
- Accuracy of <1 mb over full range of atmospheric pressures and temperatures at any elevation
- Long-term drift <1 mb / yr
- Portable or fixed location operation
- Power: USB and 12 volts DC
- MintakaCommander (Mac & PC): export & analyze data, provide additional functions, firmware updates, integration with other systems
- Made in the USA
Automatically stored with each pressure reading:
- Date & Time (high precision real-time clock)
- Running Average (12-h or 24-h average pressure)
- Tendency (pressure change over last 3 hours)
- WMO/NWS Pressure Tendency Characteristic Code
- NMEA compliant sentences
- TurboWin+ integration for weather service Voluntary Observing Ships programs
The Minaka STAR™ has these additional features and functions:
- NMEA compliant GPS sentences ($GPGGA, $GPGLL, $GPGSA, $GPGSV, $GPRMC, $GPVTG).
- Unique GPS Summary screen provides date, time, position, course, speed, pressure, tendency, & WMO/NWS Pressure Tendency Characteristic Code on one screen.
- Set instrument date & time from highly accurate GPS network.
- WiFi (standalone or using existing network).
- Web browser access from computer, tablet or phone.
- Stores network credentials for favorite WiFi networks.
- Telnet command line access.
Key features of the Mintaka barograph
Standard Barograph Displays
There are multiple views of barographic pressure data. You can display the pressure over the past 30 minutes or the past 4 months, and various intervals in-between. You can read the pressure value at the cursor. You can view the WMO Tendency Characteristic Code and related graphic data. You can display a 12 hr or 24 hr moving average to smooth out diurnal pressure variation.
In history mode, you can view the pressure data over the same time ranges and a specific list of synoptic data.
Intelligent Auto-Scaling for all Pressure Ranges
The Two Mintaka Models
The Mintaka STARX™ and GUARDX™
Used together with the Mintaka STAR Only (not the Mintaka DUO)
The Mintaka STARX™ is a companion instrument to the Mintaka STAR™ barograph. STARX™ is an externally mounted instrument that measures pressure, relative humidity and air temperature. The Mintaka STARX™ data, along with the calculated wet bulb, dry bulb measurements is communicated to the Mintaka STAR™ via WiFi.
The GuardX™ protects the externally mounted STARX™ from the elements. Made of Lexan it will provide long lasting protection against sun, rain and wind. The thumb screw secured top allows easy access to the STARX™ for periodic maintenance.
If you’d like to purchase the Mintaka STAR™ in combination with the STARX™ Precision External Measurement Device and GUARDX™ Thermal Shield, PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY either by calling 1-253-292-2582 or completing our Contact Form to request a quote.